Well, it is done! I have turned a junk combo guitar amp cabinet into a basic 2×12 guitar speaker cabinet that looks pretty ghetto (according to my wife).
But I don’t actually know if it works. I finished putting it all together last night about 1 a.m., so I haven’t actually tested it yet. I hope that everything is still in one piece on the inside. I don’t think I did anything bad, but we’ll see.
As you can see, I got the jacks to fit in the back piece of plywood. I had to drill out about half of the plywood with a 1 inch drill bit. Then expand the hole in the 1 inch recess with a 7/16th inch drill bit. I first did this on a piece of scrap plywood. Then I did it on the actual piece of wood I had cut out for the back of the cabinet. I did fine on the first hole, but then “thinned” it a bit too much.
I may take it apart and paint the plywood black, but I’ll enjoy it as is for a while…assuming it works.