The other day I was cleaning up my office space in preparation for the in-law’s holiday visit. I moved my newly made speaker cabinet from the floor to the top of the bookshelf when I noticed that the dust cap didn’t look right.
I looked at it closer. It was pushed in with a big dimple. My stomach fell. I was panicked. I went online and searched fixes. Some forums talked about using a toilet paper roll and sucking. Others talked about using a vacuum. I tried both, but they were talking about tweeters and this was a 12 inch guitar speaker that none of these things would fit.
I expressed my sorrow to my wife (that’s the nice way of saying I whined) and how I blamed myself for putting it on the floor where my two year old could explore with his stubby fingers. She looked at it as I tried different remedies gleaned from the internet. After no success I started looking for more. She started to poke and prod the dust cap, turned to me, and said, “There. It’s back to it’s original form.”
I was amazed. She fixed it. Thanks!