At some point in this blog I started to make a list of what I think I want in an amp. Well, I’m making another list.
I would like:
- all tube
- two footswitchable channels (fender clean, rocking dirty)
- 5 to 15 watts (switchable or attenuatable)
- usable with band (i.e. with drums)
- headphone out (got kids)
- line out (to record silently on my computer)
- effects loop (because I don’t have one and it seems important since all the cool kids do)
I made this list before actually going back to look at my old amp wish list. Looks like I forgot built in reverb. I’ve also switched from 15 to 20 watts down to 5 to 15 watts. I must admit this is probably a direct result of the Old School Amp I’ve been lusting after for such a long time now. But I’m still worried about having enough power to play with a drummer. And I can’t make the financial commitment on the Old School Amp that seems to be a one trick pony. Admittedly it is a one trick pony I really like, but I have limited funds and limited ability to justify the cost. Maybe someday.