I have gotten a few guitar effects pedals over the years. I really mean a few. I have gotten them all used or as gifts. I have accumulated them over years. I have only gotten them because they were good deals at the time. I have rarely searched out a specific pedal.
- Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive – this is the first effect pedal I have ever owned. My wife got it for me for Christmas when we were dating.
- DOD FX-75B Flanger – Supplemental Jurisdiction’s drummer’s friend sold me one of the two he had laying around.
- Marshall Guv’Nor Plus – Supplemental Jurisdiction’s drummer’s other friend sold me this after he got a new amp.
- Morley Wah – bought used from Music Go Round before the local one went out of business.
- Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi (Russian) – purchased this during a GC sale.
- Boss TU-2 – Birthday gift from my wife.
- Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi (American) – purchased used in Vancouver, WA while on business trip.
- ModTone analog Delay – Half off sale at guitar store during a different trip.
- Boss AB-2 two way selector – used at my local guitar shop so I can switch between guitars without unplugging.
Then I hit the mother load! I was walking through Value Village when out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw what looked like the back end of an Ernie Ball Jr. Volume Pedal. I stopped. Turned to the shelf of junk and pulled out an Ernie Ball Jr. Volume Pedal with some cables coming out of it. I lifted up more stuff on the shelf and found:
- Ernie Ball Jr. Volume Pedal
- Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
- Electro Harmonix Pulsar
- Voodoo Pedal Power Plus 2
Each was $5. So I got them.
I’ve also borrowed some pedals:
- Boss RC-20 Loop Station – still borrowing…
- Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer – returned.
- Digitech CF-7 Chorus Factory – returned.
Now that I look at this list, I actually have quite a few pedals (certainly not a collection, but more than two or three). I’m not sure what to do with all of them. Some of them I like. Some of them I’m not happy with and I don’t know if it is just because I haven’t taken the time to play with them or if they just don’t fit me. But the prices have generally been good and I will try them before I part with them.
So what does one do when one has a lot of pedals and not a lot of time or space? You build a pedal board so the pedals are easier to access. So that is what I did and I’ll tell you about it over the next few weeks.